Limpopo records it’s first COVID-19 recovery ready back to society
March 30, 2020
MSHDNEWS (21 articles)
Share

Limpopo records it’s first COVID-19 recovery ready back to society

Limpopo records it’s first COVID-19 recovery

Limpopo Health MEC Dr. Phophi Ramathuba has welcomed our first case of COVID-19 who has now fully recovered and has now tested negative. The 28-year-old doctor was the first confirmed case in the province after his return from Europe. The MEC commended the doctor’s self-discipline because he immediately self-quarantined after his return from overseas and also self-isolated after testing positive. After his self-isolation period, he has tested negative and he is ready to be integrated back to society. “This must also give hope to the community to say, if we do what is right, we can contain the spread of this disease,” says MEC Ramathuba.

Meanwhile, Limpopo Province is now sitting at 13 laboratory confirmed COVIT-19 cases including the recovered case,whom national has already excluded from the statistics. Of all the cases, Limpopo has only one case which is suspected to be a local transmission. Further investigations are still being done to ascertain this fact.

BREAKDOWN PER DISTRICT

WATERBERG

Currently, Waterberg District is still leading with 6 cases. 3 of these are of a Western Cape family that travelled to Europe and upon return self-quarantined and isolated themselves in a farm Waterberg. The other three are of a Japanese national who travelled home, and Australian national who also travelled home and a Zimbabwean national who has just recently arrived in South Africa .

CAPRICORN

Capricorn has so far recorded 4 cases including the recoveree. The other three are a 44-year-old female who travelled to London. Upon return, she did not self-quarantine although she was coming from a high-risk area. However, upon confirming her test as positive, all her contacts were traced, screened and tested and none has tested positive. The other cases are of another 44-year-old who has just recently returned from a cruise ship in the Portuguese Island and a 54-year-old male who travelled to Nigeria.

VHEMBE

Vhembe has recorded two cases. A 54-year-old female who travelled to the United States of America and a 45-year-old female with no travel history (suspected local transmission)

MOPANI

Mopani has recorded a single case. This is the case of a 30-year-old who was tested in Gauteng and didn’t self-quarantine but instead came back to Limpopo. He has since been arrested and taken to an isolation site at the Modimolle MDR TB Hospital. The tracer team are busy tracing his contact in order to ensure that they are screened and tested.
SEKHUKHUNE
Sekhukhune remains the only district in the province with no confirmed cases.
The MEC has called on the people of Limpopo to exercise maximum discipline during this period of lockdown. The MEC says lockdown is the hope of the country to arrest the spread of the virus. “Our people must adhere to the rules of this lockdown because this is the only way we can be able to contain the spread of the virus. We are already recording deaths in other provinces and that must knock sense to many of us to say if we are not vigilant enough by doing what is right, soon we will be seeing deaths in our doorstep,” said MEC.

The MEC also welcomes the decision by the President to declare The Ranch hotel as a green zone.” We must re-emphasize the words by the President that lockdown is the only solution towards defeating COVID-19 learning from 114 repatriates who despite coming from Epicenter of COVID-19 they all tested negative. We therefore as a province took a decision to force isolate all those who tested positive rather than allowing them for self-isolation” concluded MEC

Comments

No Comments Yet! You can be first to comment this post!

Write comment

Your data will be safe! Your e-mail address will not be published. Also other data will not be shared with third person. Required fields marked as *